Next Stop, Santa Fe! Armchair traveling is pretty cool. Enjoy this specialty recipe from the Santa Fe Cooking School at your next outing or grab some chips and enjoy it right at home.
Chunky Avocado Salsa
Extracted from Women’s World Magazine 8/2011
3 plum tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Chopped seeded Serrano chilies and minced garlic, to taste
3 large, ripe Haas avocados
Lime juice and Kosher salt, to taste
Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, chilies and garlic; reserve. Cut each avocado in half, running knife around pit from end to end and back; twist halves in opposite directions to free pit and pull halves apart. Cut halves into large chunks; gently stir into tomato mixture. Season with juice and salt. Serves 6. ~Women’s World Magazine
Places to see in Santa Fe:
- Taos – Visit exhibits at the Millicent Rogers Museum
- The Plaza – An assortment of restaurants, art galleries and shops
- Museum Hill – The culture of the American Southwest in four museums
- Canyon Road – 100+ galleries and working studios.
- Palace of Governors – Learn about New Mexico interactively and shop the wares of Native Americans.
- Santa Fe Rail Yard – Take a three-hour tour on the Santa Fe Southern Railway‘s 1920 Rail cars.
- What to take: Sunglasses and walking shoes
- Purchasing suggestions: Native American art and jewelry; Red chili wreaths
- Average Family Income: $52,045
- Cost of a family home: $306,400
- Santa Fe Convention and Visitors Bureau: 800-777-2489 or SantaFe.org.
Where have you traveled to lately? While on vacation, is food one of the highlights of your trip?
<Photo I Credit: MorgueFile.com
<Photo II Credit: MorgueFile.com
<Post Inspired by Women’s World 8/2011
© 2012, Frantastically Fran!. All rights reserved.